For sending/receiving from PROSOFT to the DOIP central unit:
Ethernet connection (long cables possible – up to 100 meter; temporary or permanent connection). Through the RJ45-ethernet connector on the DOIP central unit you can connect to your LAN (Local Area Network). This is typically used for a permanent connection with a PC, GUI-Device (touchscreen PC) or any LAN application.
You can connect the DOIP to your Network (switch/router) with a standard Ethernet patch cable.
From the moment this cable is connected correctly, the Communication LED (LEDLINK) on the DOIP printed circuit board will be on. If this LED is blinking continuously there is possibly something wrong whit the cable (The LED will blink only when there is data-communication)
If your network is a 100Mbit network or more the 100Mb detection LED (LED100MB) will be lit as well.
The best way to connect a PC to the Central Unit through Ethernet is by using a hub, switch or router. Most likely you already have a local network conencted to your PC. Connect the DoIP, and if necessary your computer to the LAN. In order to establish a communication between your computer and the Central Unit, follow these steps:
- Restart the Central Unit once it is connected to the LAN (press the 'Restart' button or remove the power for ten seconds).
- Start Prosoft SUITE V3.1 (or higher); open the .NBT file you want to use (or create a new one if required.)
- Go to the menu 'Communication' and select 'Send'.
- Within the communication window select 'Ethernet'
- Click the 'Search button' and a Message box will appear asking you to press 'SW2' on the central unit. (The 'SW2' button on the DOIP is located at the right side of the printed circuit board, above the battery. Press and release, this button.)
- To make sure that this functionality works your FIREWALL must allow that PROSOFT can accept connections from the network, if you use 'Windows Firewall' you will automatically get a 'Security Alert', you have to choose 'Unblock' there. If you use another Firewall on your PC (ex. Norton Internet Security) please look at the documentation of that software what to do (you can also temporary disable the Firewall)
- A new window will appear in PROSOFT in which you can set the communication parameters. In most cases, the new window will look like this:
- The text on the top describes the IP settings as they are at the moment, at the bottom you can change the settings. For a new DOIP (or a DOIP on which the IP-address is dynamically assigned) PROSOFT will make a proposal for new settings. It is advised to accept the settings PROSOFT suggests.
There are two types of assigning an IP address: Dynamic or Static. With Dynamic the TELETASK central unit will ask for an IP address on the network, the switch or router will provide the IP address automatically. With a Static IP address the central unit will always have the same IP address.
New DOIP central units always use 'Dynamic' so that they receive all necessary information (IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway and Name Server) from the network. The disadvantage of this system is that the IP-address can change. Therefore it is advisable to change it to a 'Static' IP-address, like PROSOFT suggest. In this way the IP-address of the central unit will not change, which is easier for sending, necessary for connecting GUI's, ..
- If needed make changes to the settings, and click save to apply. (You can always return to this screen to change the settings again).
- The IP information is now inserted in your .nbt file (save the file to keep the settings for further usage).
- Your PC is now ready for communication with the DOIP (using the saved .nbt file)
- In the communication screen of PROSOFT you can now connect to your central unit.
Specifically, you should not use the IP addresses beginning with 192.168.168.xxx. So if you give the central unit the IP address 192.168.160.123, this should not cause a problem, except if you then select 255.255.240.0 as the subnet mask. If this is the case, you should set a narrower subnet mask on the central unit, e.g. 255.255.255.0. Then the central unit is only accessible from IP addresses 192.168.160.xxx.
Trouble shooting: It is possible that procedure above will not work, this is the case if:
TELETASK does not advise this procedure, we recommend using USB or Ethernet using a LAN connection. However there can be situations where this procedure is needed to communicate with the central unit (e.g. if there is no LAN, and you do not have a USB cable with you).
The connection between the PC and the DOIP is normally done with a 'crossed CAT5' cable. (Most recent network-cards of the PC's have an 'auto-cross/straight' detection, then you can also use a straight patch cable)
The steps to set up a connection are:
- Find the IP-Address of your central unit
- Give the PC to an appropriate IP address
The default IP-Address of a new DOIP is 192.168.0.200. If you just unpacked your DOIP you can skip this section
- Connect the central unit and your PC
- Open TELETASK PROSOFT Suite software, go to the communication screen, click on the search button and press 'SW2' on the TELETASK central unit
(see Ethernet communication using LAN for a more detailed description of this step).
- The SW2 button can be pressed in in 2 ways: long (>5 seconds) or short
- The result of long press on SW2 button: Central Unit reboots with DHCP IP address
- There are two different possibilities of the result by (short) pressing the SW2 switch
- Press 'Cancel'
- The IP Address is automatically filled in
- You can now press 'Connect' and then press 'Transmit' to send your PROSOFT file
- You can skip the rest of this document
2. You are in the wrong IP subnet:
- PROSOFT Suite gives a message that it can't be connected with the Central Unit.
- Press 'OK'
- The IP Address is automatically filled in
- Note this IP address of the central unit
- Close the PROSOFT Suite
- Go to Start, Control panel, Network and sharing- change adapter settings). You will have a window looking like this:
- There might be more than one connection (Wireless connection, 1394 Connection,); you need to find the normal wired connection (not the wireless, nor the 1394 connection).
- 'Right click' on the Local area connection and choose properties
- In the new window, select 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)' Version 4 connection in the list and click 'Properties'.
- Now you will get a window where you can set the IP configuration for your computer. Change the settings so it looks like this (Assuming that the IP address of the Micros is 192.168.0.200. If not, make sure that the 3 first numbers are the same as from the IP address of the DOIP and that the last number is different).
- Click OK to save the new settings. Wait until MSWindows has applied the new settings (this may take some time).
- Open PROSOFT Suite, go to the communication screen, enter the IP address of the DOIP and click 'Connect'.
- Now you can press 'Transmit' to send your PROSOFT file to the DOIP central unit.