Below you can find an example of how you can set up the DENON HEOS with the TDS system and obtain favourites and playlists to be available on your TELETASK touch panels and iSGUI app.
To realize the integration of a HEOS audio system with the TELETASK DoIP system there are two steps to be taken:
- HEOS setup
- PROSOFT setup
A 'device' has been given an audio zone name (= "app name") by the DENON HEOS installer which also has to be used later in the PROSOFT configuration to link the Heos system with the TELETASK system. At the other hand, PROSOFT provides also in a possibility to use another name for it on the TELETASK displays and app. This name is the 'Zone display name'
e.g. The Heos speaker in the kitchen was named 'Heos1 Kitchen', so this name will also appear on your HEOS app. But on AURUS-OLED display this audio zone may be named 'kitchen'.
More details, see the configuration in the PROSOFT chapter below.
HEOS app SETUP
The setup example below explains the basic settings which are to be done in the HEOS app, which you can install from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. In this example, we will use 10 radio stations and 10 playlists as presets which can be controlled from your TELETASK system.
This setup is to be done via the HEOS app on your mobile device. There is no PC version available, screenshots here are from a tablet.
- Definition of a TELETASK audio zone
- This is the same as a Heos ‘room’ where you have one or more Heos speakers installed. Each audio zone has its unique name which you need to define yourself and enter in this Heos app.
If you combine two speakers as a stereo pair into one audio zone, there is also one unique zone name for this zone instead of the two individual speaker names you may have given them first. If you installed this pair, for example in your bathroom, you most probably have Speaker Left named ‘bathroom left’ and Speaker Right ‘bathroom right’. You will need to give the paired speakers a zone name like ‘bathroom’.
For your information: For stereo pair of speakers, to be controlled by the TDS system, always use the 'App name' of the pair. Important: Be sure to use in AVSOFT (part of PROSOFT) perfect the same names as you made in the HEOS app (e.g. "bathroom").
Important“Bathroom” is not the same as “bath room” and is not the same as “Bath room”.
If the names in both systems are different the integration with TELETASK will not work. Therefore also, we recommend to keep your zone names short and try to avoid spaces in it as much as possible.
Now you need to make the 10 favourites and 10 playlists (also in your HEOS app).
How to make 10 favourites in the Heos app, ready to be used in PROSOFT
;What are ‘Favourites’ in the Heos system
These are radio stations (in our example from the online radio source “Tunein”), that are stored in the 'Favorites' list of the Heos Account
To be able to create 'Favorites' in de HEOS app you need a Heos Account, to login or create one, first go to the 'Music screen and click on 'Favorites'
Once you clicked on 'Favorites' you will be asked to login or create an account:
To add radio Stations to this list go back to TuneIn, search for the radio station and click on it:
By clicking on 'Add to HEOS Favorites' the station is added to the Favorites list.
In the Favorites screen, you can order them by clicking on the edit icon at the upper right corner:
Then you can drag them in the order you want
How to make 10 playlists in the Heos app, ready to be used in PROSOFT
Playlists from Deezer
To use Deezer you will be asked to enter your Deezer login and password to couple the Deezer account with the HEOS account.
The playlists can be organised from the Deezer website. One advice: sorting is done alphabetically, so if your first playlist is "Morning music" rename it to "01: Morning music", then it will be always the first one, even is the end-user adds a playlist afterwards.
Once Your Deezer account is coupled with your HEOS account you can see the Deezer playlist in the HEOS app:
Playlist from your NAS or USB drive
In the HEOS app, you can also see the music from a USB stick connected to one of the devices or the Music from NAS drive. To configure your aa NAS drive and the playlist, please contact your HEOS supplier.
Once you have the Playlist available in the App you can use them in the TDS system.
The Heos configuration is now finished. Now you need to configure AVSOFT (part of PROSOFT).
PROSOFT SETUP FOR HEOS
One 'device' in AV-SOFT maps to one audio zone on your physical audio device. Be sure that speakers in one audio zone (e.g. a stereo pair of speakers) are paired before you start. In the PROSOFT 'Config' -'parameters' setting you will need to use the same name you gave to the speakers in the Heos app. In case of a stereo pair, use one of the names of the pair.
e.g. If you have 3 stereo pairs of Heos speakers, this means you will need to add only 3 Heos devices in AV-SOFT.
Add an A/V IP License (TDS15240)
- Before entering the license in PROSOFT, you need to activate the obtained TDS15240 license on the TELETASK website (Professional tab). See also the license activation chapter in this handbook.
- After activating your license, start PROSOFT and go to ‘AV-SOFT’ (see screen capture below)
- Choose new
- Select “TDS15240: A/V IP License” interface and click OK
- Now click ‘Add a device’ and select your device from the list of brands (see screen capture below). If you can't find your device under its brand, it probably is not (yet) supported. A comparable device from the same brand might work, without guarantee.
Now click ‘OK’ and enter the HEOS parameters:
The central unit needs the login credentials of the HEOS account to be used otherwise there would be any sources available. Please be sure to enter the password correctly
The App room name: as defined in de HEOS app!
ImportantImportant: this name needs to be perfectly the same audio zone/room name as given in the HEOS app (see chapter above).
Configure the HEOS details
TELETASK supports all streaming music services which are compatible with the HEOS device in your region.
In the screen captures below, there are some more things to be done.
- Enter the presets for TUNEIN which you defined in your HEOS app as Favorites.
- Enter the presets for DEEZER which you defined in your Deezer account as Playlists.
- Enter the presets for USB/NAS which you defined in your HEOS app as Playlists.
- Enter the 'zone display name' (e.g. ‘Kitchen’).
1. Click TUNEIN – Details and enter the 10 pre-configured HEOS presets
2. Do the same for source DEEZER and USB/NAS, if you don't use one of them remove the check from the source next to the zone name.
3. Enter the Zone name (This 'zone display name' will appear on your TELETASK touch screens and TELETASK mobile app.)
Click 'OK' to save your configuration. You should now see your new device under Select AV interface.
The last thing to do to bind everything together is to assign in PROSOFT rooms, a room to this HEOS device.
- Go back to the PROSOFT tab and click the rooms button from the toolbar.
- Pick a room or create a new one.
- As ‘Audio zone’ select from the dropdown menu the zone you have just created (‘Kitchen’ in our example).
- Click 'OK'.
Of course, don't forget to transmit your NBT file to your central unit.
ImportantAudio Zones who are not linked to a room will not be able to controllable from any of the TELETASK interfaces.
It can take up to ten minutes after a transmit for the connection from the TELETASK installation to your audio devices to become fully operational.
Grouping audio zones (sometimes called "party mode")
Audio zones can be grouped together to simultaneously play the same music in synchronised mode. To configure this, head back to PROSOFT and create a new local mood (or edit an existing one). Then:
- Under Select Output, choose Audio zone from the list of function types
- Choose one of your audio zones
- Select Link with zone from the list of actions
- Pick a second zone that you want to link to the first one
You should now have something similar to this:
Activating this local mood from a touch panel or one of our apps will group both zones together.
Ungrouping audio zones
To ungroup a zone, simply turn it off from a TELETASK touch panel or app. That zone will leave the group and stop playing, while the other zones resume.
Preset auto synchronisation between HEOS and the TDS central unit
If the user changes the audio source behind one of the 6 preset buttons on his Soundtouch device, this setting will be synchronised with the TDS system (e.g. the touch panels) within 24 hours. To force a synchronisation, simply restart your central unit.