In this start-up screen you will define the resolution of the screen on which the GUI will be displayed (target device), you will create the different pages of the GUI, import the needed floor plans etc. The GUI properties start-up window looks like shown in the picture below.
The different GUI parameters that need to be set are:
- GUI Name
- The name for the GUI e.g. 'GUI' First Floor, 'GUI' Living room, 'GUI' Office... You need to enter a name before you can edit the GUI.
- Target device resolution
- Select the screen resolution of the target device.
- Skin: choose the wanted skin. A skin determines the unity of the colour and presentation of the GUI (only available at GUI+. GUI always works with Classic skin).
- Run GUI full screen
- Check this parameter if you want to run the GUI as a full screen application without any borders around the application. This will be typically used for a dedicated PC with a touchscreen.
Uncheck this option if you want the GUI to run like any other application on your PC. Choose this option when you want to use the GUI on your standard home office PC.
- Enable Audio Feedback
- Select this option if you want an auditive feedback when you push a button.
- Type of Communication
- Select here the type of connection between your TELETASK central unit and the target device.
- the connection between the central unit and the PC runs over the LAN network. You will us this typically when your PC is connected to your network or when you want to run the GUI on several PC's.
- the connection between the central unit and the PC is done directly between the USB port of the TELETASK central unit and the PC on which the GUI is active. This way you can connect maximum 1 GUI on your TDS (only for temporary connections).
- Define new page
- this button will add a new page to your GUI. A page can contain anything you want. Still we suggest you to work with rooms, floors, the pages do not have to correspond with the rooms you defined earlier in PROSOFT, and it is possible to create a 'favorite' page in which you combine the most used functions (moods, lights,) with the available camera pictures.
- Page Name
- the name for the page, this name will be displayed in the GUI
- Select Image
- this button allows you to import a background image for the page (the floor plan of the part of the house this image refers to, a photo,). Depending on the resolution and the full screen option the optimized image size for the page is indicated at the left side of this 'Select Image' Button.
- Select background colour
- this button allows you to set the background colour for the selected page. TELETASK advises to use this option only when the background colour of the image is other than white.
- Arrow up or Arrow down
- using the arrow up or arrow down buttons below the list of available GUI pages you can change the sorting position of the selected GUI page in the list.
As soon as you have defined all pages and the communication settings are correct, click 'OK' to continue. The GUISOFT screen will now appear on your screen.