1. Setup your Sonos or Heos system
1.1. Getting Started
Setting up a Sonos or Heos system is fairly easy. Both systems have the option to connect to your network using Wi-Fi or ethernet. The connection process depends on your preferred brand. Get started with Sonos or Heos.
1.2. Supported Music Sources
The sources provided by Sonos and Heos are virtually endless. To keep everything clear for both the system integrator and the end-user and to keep everything manageable for the central unit, TELETASK has made a selection of supported features. Below is a side by side comparison of the two brands and the features that have been integrated with TELETASK.
|TuneIn||Supported (using Sonos Favorites)||Supported (using Heos Favorites)|
|Deezer||Supported (using Sonos Playlists)||Supported|
|Other streaming sources (Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play,...)||Supported (using Sonos Playlists)||Not supported|
|AUX||Line-In and Optical supported*||USB/NAS, Line-In, Optical, Coaxial supported*|
* Verify with your vendor which auxiliary inputs are available on each device: not all Sonos/Heos devices have ports for all inputs
1.3. Setting up Favorites and/or Playlists
Some features are supported using Sonos or Heos Favorites or Playlists. Favorites or Playlists are configured using the Sonos or Heos app. For help with setting up Favorites or Playlists, see the Sonos manual (iPhone, Android or desktop) or the Heos manual.
Only ten presets per source are supported. To guarantee a persistent ordering of your presets, TELETASK advises to give them names prepended by a number in the SONOS or HEOS app, for instance "01 - Radio 1" and "02 - News Channel".
2. Add A/V IP TDS15240 license
- Go to AV-SOFT
- Choose new
- Select “TDS15240:A/V IP License” interface
3. Add audio device
- Choose the correct Sonos or HEOS from the Sonos or Denon list (or the most comparable)
ImportantCAUTION: to configure multiple zones of a HEOS Drive, add a new HEOS Drive device for each zone. One HEOS Drive device represents one zone.
- Configure the Sonos or Denon HEOS parameters (this is the only difference compared with NuVo, MMA, ...)
- Only for HEOS: add username and password of you HEOS-account (created with the HEOS app).
- App room name: the name of the zone from the Sonos or HEOS app that you want to control
5. Additional details (similar as NUVO)
- Presets or names of favorites
- Zone name
ImportantDon't forget to add the Audio Zone to a Room
Audio zones can be grouped together to simultaneously play the same music. To configure this, head back to PROSOFT and create a new local mood (or edit an existing one). Then:
- Under Select Output, choose Audio zone from the list of function types
- Choose one of your audio zones
- Select Link with zone from the list of actions
- Pick a second zone that you want to link to the first one
You should now have something similar to this:
Activating this local mood from a touch panel or one of our apps will group both zones together.
To ungroup a zone, simply turn it off from a TELETASK touch panel or app. That zone will leave the group and stop playing, while the other zones resume.
ImportantEXCEPTION: with HEOS, group members need a hierarchy: one zone will be the master zone, and other zones in the group are slaves. Turning off that master zone, will turn off all slaves as well. In a local mood, the master zone is the zone on the left. For instance, in the screenshot above, zone Kitchen will be the master, and Living the slave. Other zones that are later linked to the group, will all become slaves.