Add an A/V IP License (TDS15240)
- Go to AV-SOFT
- Choose new
- Select “TDS15240:A/V IP License” interface
1.2. Add Audio Device
- Choose your device from the list of brands. If you can't find your device under its brand, it probably is not (yet) supported. A comparable device from the same brand might work, without guarantee.
1.3. Configure Audio Device
The next screen popping up differs between brands. Select yours from the options below.
- App room name: this is the name of your room as configured using the Sonos app. If you haven't set one yet: this doesn't have to be done in advance. Simply make sure that they match exactly.
1.3.1. Supported Music Sources
Each brand of audio systems supports a different set of audio sources. To keep everything clear for both the system integrator and the end-user and to keep everything manageable for the central unit, TELETASK has made a selection of supported sources. Select your brand below for a complete list.
TELETASK supports every streaming music service that is compatible with your Sonos device. Using the Sonos app, simply add your radio stations (e.g. from TuneIn) to Sonos's Favorites and your playlists (e.g. from Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play Music, Deezer, etc.) to Sonos's Playlists. Only your Favorites and Playlists will be synchronized with your TELETASK installation.
The AUX sources Line-In and Optical-In are supported as well.
1.4. Additional Device Details
The next screen contains four major parts:
- Brand/Type allows you to go back to the configuration screen you saw earlier, to edit those settings.
- Internal AV-sources offers you the ability to change the names of your device's sources. These textual labels will be used on our touch panels and apps. Clicking the 'Details' button will pop up another screen where you can change the names of the presets of each source as well. You can leave a preset blank to disable it. Each source supports up to ten presets. It is common practice to give your presets the same name as on your audio system. To guarantee a persistent ordering of your presets, TELETASK advises to give them names preceded by a number in the app of your system, for instance "01 - Radio 1" and "02 - News Channel".
- Inputs allows you to add controlled and uncontrolled sources
- Outputs contains the Zone name (which will be used on our touch panels and apps) and a toggle for each of your device's sources. Disabling a source will hide it from our touch panels and apps.
1.5. Final Steps
Click 'OK' to save your configuration. You should now see your new device under Select AV interface.
The last thing to do to bind everything together is to assign a room to this new device.
- Go back to the PROSOFT tab and click the rooms button from the toolbar.
- Pick a room or create a new one.
- In the Data panel, from the Audio zone dropdown menu, select the zone you have just created.
- Click 'OK'.
Of course, don't forget to transmit your NBT file to your central unit.
Audio zones can be grouped together to simultaneously play the same music. To configure this, head back to PROSOFT and create a new local mood (or edit an existing one). Then:
- Under Select Output, choose Audio zone from the list of function types
- Choose one of your audio zones
- Select Link with zone from the list of actions
- Pick a second zone that you want to link to the first one
You should now have something similar to this:
Activating this local mood from a touch panel or one of our apps will group both zones together.
To ungroup a zone, simply turn it off from a TELETASK touch panel or app. That zone will leave the group and stop playing, while the other zones resume.