Below you can find an example on how you can setup the SONOS/TDS system to obtain 10 radio stations and 10 playlists available on your TELETASK touch panels and iSGUI app.
To realise the integration of a SONOS audio system with the TELETASK DoIP system there are two step to be taken:
- SONOS setup
- PROSOFT setup
SONOS desktop app SETUP
The setup example below explains the basic settings which are to be done in the SONOS desktop app. In this example we will use 10 radio stations and 10 static playlists as presets which can be controlled from your TELETASK system.
This setup is to be done via the Sonos desktop app on your PC or Mac. Don’t use your mobile device with mobile Sonos app.
- Definition of a TELETASK audio zone
- This is the same as a Sonos ‘room’ where you have one or more Sonos speakers installed. Each audio zone has its unique name which you need to define yourself and enter in this Sonos app. If you combine multiple speakers in one audio zone, like for example in a stereo pair, there is also one unique zone name for this zone instead of the two individual speaker names you may have given them first. If you installed this pair in your bath room, you most probably have speaker Left named ‘Bath room left’ and speaker right ‘bath room right’. You will need to give the paired speakers a zone name like ‘bath room’ (Sonos may add “(L+R)” to it, but this is not part of the zone name.
So be sure to pair such speakers before you start so you have a unique audio zone name for all the speakers in the room.
As soon as your audio zone names in SONOS are defined, please be sure that you use the same names while entering them later in AVSOFT (part of PROSOFT).
If the names in both systems are different the integration with TELETASK will not work. Therefore also, we recommend to keep your zone names short and try to avoid spaces in it as much as possible.
Now you need to make the 10 favourites and 10 playlists (also in your SONOS desktop app).
How to make 10 FAVOURITES in the Sonos app, ready to be used in PROSOFT
- What are ‘Favourites’ in the Sonos system
- These are radio stations (in our example from the online radio source “Tunein”). In the mobile app they are called ‘stations’ (version jan 2018).
Open your Sonos desktop app, select the audio source Tunein and go to the first radio station which you want to have available on your TELETASK system. Click on the down arrow to open the selection box and select ‘Add to Sonos favourites’.
Add up to 10 radio stations to the Sonos favourites.
For use in the TELETASK system, every favourite needs to have a sorting number in front of its name. Therefore, go back to the SONOS favourites and rename the ten added radio stations by adding the sequential numbers ‘01’ up to ‘10’, in front of the radio station name.
So now your favourites list becomes for example:
- 01 BBC1
- 02 London dance scene
- 03 Top radio Gent
- 04 Dubai hits
- 05 Paris news
- 06 Hyderabad festival
- 07 Moscow local radio
- 08 Bach radio
- 09 Studio Brussels
- 10 Jazz radio
Now you are ready to make the next step:
Configure your 10 playlists.
- What is the definition of a playlist
- This is a list with a (high) number of audio tracks. In our example the audio tracks come from a streaming source like Deezer or Spotify (paid online music).
In your Sonos desktop app, go to Sonos playlists and select ‘new playlist’ and give it your preferred name (e.g. Dance’). You can make up to 10 playlists which can later be used and managed by the TELETASK system. Therefore you need to rename the playlists with in front of the name a sequential number between 01 and 10.
So your favourites list becomes for example:
- 01 My favourite music
- 02 Dance 1
- 03 Classic piano
- 04 Pop 90’s
- 05 Latest hits
- 06 Jazz
- 07 Blues
- 08 Music tracks
- 09 Dance 2
- 10 Children songs
Don’t forget to add your tracks to your playlists: Go to the source (Deezer or Spotify, Apple music, Google play…) and add the tracks, or existing playlists from your source, to the Sonos Playlist (01 to 10).
The Sonos configuration is now finished. Now you need to configure AVSOFT (part of PROSOFT).
PROSOFT SETUP FOR SONOS
One device in AV-SOFT maps to one zone on your physical audio device. Be sure that speakers in one audio zone (e.g. a stereo pair of SONOS speakers) are paired before you do this. In PROSOFT you need to use the name you gave to the paired set (for example ‘kitchen’ is made out of two speakers, ‘kitchen left’ and ‘kitchen right’).
An audio zone, in PROSOFT is named an audio ‘room’ (e.g. ‘kitchen’). This name will appear on your TELETASK touch screens and on your mobile app (iSGUI).
Add an A/V IP License (TDS15240)
- Before entering the license, you need to activate the obtained TDS15240 license on the TELETASK website (Professional tab). See also the license activation chapter in this handbook.
- After activating your license, start PROSOFT and go to ‘AV-SOFT’ (see screen capture below)
- Choose new
- Select “TDS15240:A/V IP License” interface and click OK
- Now click ‘Add a device’ and select your device from the list of brands (see screen capture below). If you can't find your device under its brand, it probably is not (yet) supported. A comparable device from the same brand might work, without guarantee.
In the screen capture above, a SONOS ‘PLAY 1’ device is selected.
Now click ‘OK’ and enter the room name (screen capture below). Here it is defined as installed in the room ‘Kitchen’
Configure the SONOS details
TELETASK supports about all streaming music services which are compatible with your Sonos device.
To speed up the control of your Sonos devices from TELETASK interfaces, your sources are only synchronized once every 24 hours. To force a synchronization, simply restart your central unit.
In the screen captures below, there are three more things to be done.
- Enter the 10 favourites (see chapter above) which you defined in your Sonos desktop app. These are your 10 preferred radio stations.
- Accordingly enter the 10 playlists you have defined in your Sonos desktop app.
- Enter the SONOS zone name (‘Kitchen’ in this case).
1. Click FAVOURITES – Details and enter the 10 pre-configured Sonos radio stations:
2. Click PLAYLISTS – Details and enter the 10 pre-configured Sonos playliosts
Click 'OK' to save your configuration. You should now see your new device under Select AV interface.
The last thing to do to bind everything together is to assign in PROSOFT rooms, a room to this SONOS device.
- Go back to the PROSOFT tab and click the rooms button from the toolbar.
- Pick a room or create a new one.
- As ‘Audio zone’ select from the dropdown menu the zone you have just created (‘Kitchen’ in our example).
- Click 'OK'.
Of course, don't forget to transmit your NBT file to your central unit.
It can take up to ten minutes after a transmit for the connection from the TELETASK installation to your audio devices to become fully operational.
If you want to control your audio system from an AURUS-OLED (PLUS), do not forget to couple the ‘PREVIOUS’ and ‘NEXT’ buttons on the ‘Audio page’ of the AURUS-OLED (PLUS). Select button nr 5 by clicking it with the mouse pointer and activate the ‘Couple Horizontal’ ‘V’ mark as on the screen capture below.
(see the chapter on AURUS-OLED (PLUS) for more information).
This ‘couple horizontal’on button nr. 5 will activate the artist and track information feedback on your AURUS-OLED.
Info: Default setting on AUTUS-OLED is for audio systems which don’t support feedback information. If not coupled, buttons 5 and 6 will only show an arrow left/right and prev/next instead of artist and track information.
Audio zones can be grouped together to simultaneously play the same music. To configure this, head back to PROSOFT and create a new local mood (or edit an existing one). Then:
- Under Select Output, choose Audio zone from the list of function types
- Choose one of your audio zones
- Select Link with zone from the list of actions
- Pick a second zone that you want to link to the first one
You should now have something similar to this:
Activating this local mood from a touch panel or one of our apps will group both zones together.
To ungroup a zone, simply turn it off from a TELETASK touch panel or app. That zone will leave the group and stop playing, while the other zones resume.