Now that the readers, the users and the groups have been created, a set of rules needs to be configured to define the access rights. This is done in CARDSOFT (part of the PROSOFT suite).
When clicking on the CARDSOFT button in PROSOFT Suite (in the bar on the left). Depending on the ‘Access control mode’ you will see an overview of the ‘Groups’, the ‘Users’ or the ‘Users and Groups’
For the ‘Groups’ or ‘Users’ mode the configuration is the same, the only difference is whether it applies on a single user or on a group. In the remainder of this chapter the term ‘user’ will be used to denote ‘user/group’. For the ‘Users and Groups’ mode see the ‘Access management on users and groups’ chapter for more info.
- ‘Double click’ a user or group to edit its ‘Access settings’.
The properties that can be set are:
- Access rights
- Defines on which reader(s) you want to configure the access rights for the user. The possibilities are:
- No access
- the user has no access (this is the default setting), and can also be used to temporarily deny access without deleting the card/user
- All readers
- the user has access on all readers, a single condition and user specific function can be defined
- Advanced configuration
- The user can have different access rights on different readers, for each reader a condition and user specific function can be defined
- Reader X
- the user has access on a specific reader, for this specific reader a condition and user specific function can be defined.
Example: In the example below the user has access on all readers and a user specific function’ is defined on one of the readers.
- Defines if a user has (conditional) access on a reader, this field is only enabled if the ‘Access rights’ is set to ‘Advanced configuration (multiple readers)’.
- A condition that needs to be logical TRUE, in order for the user to gain access. This field is only enabled if the ‘Access’ field is ‘marked’
- User specific function
- An extra function that will be executed if the user gains access (e.g. activate a light and/or heating/cooling when person arrives). This field is only enabled if the ‘Access’ field is marked.