To define Users and Groups go to the menu Extra > Users & settings.
You get a new screen and there you can click on the ‘users’ or ‘group’ tab. If you want to add a user or group, type the name in the empty field below the list of existing users or groups.
- User code
- On certain graphical interfaces (like on the iSGUI and AURUS-TFT) it is possible to protect specific items with a code. This is the ‘user code’. For more info on the ‘user code’, see the chapter ‘Use of passwords and codes’.
A user has the following properties:
- The name of the user. In most cases this will be the name of an actual person, but this can also be something like: ‘spare card’, ‘visitor’, ‘cleaning lady’,…
- Proximity tag /card
- The ID nr for this card or tag (printed on the card/tag). Each user can have a tag and a card. A card and a tag assigned to the same user will always have exactly the same behavior on every reader.
- Check this field to enable PORTA for this user. For privacy reasons this field is disabled by default.
- Defines to which group a user belongs. A user can be part of one group only.
Groups are a means to manage access control for multiple users at the same time. In residential applications one group, that has access everywhere/ any time can suffice, but in industrial applications you may have different groups, with different access rights on different parts of the building, plant, clubhouse, etc…
A group only has a name to identify it.