When you want to add or edit a device in the library, follow the next procedure:
- Click on the Menu: 'Edit', 'Edit AV-SOFT Library'
You will see the list of devices of the TELETASK library and the user library (per brand). On the right side of this screen you find four buttons: NEW, EDIT, COPY and DELETE. The functions of these buttons are:
- you want to add a device which isn't in the list
- You need to enter the Brand and the Type of the device.
- You have to choose between two possibilities:
- Serial RS232, for devices connected through the serial port
- IP, for IP based devices
- IR, for devices controlled trough an Infrared flasher
- you can edit the devices you have added yourself.
- Editing of a device out of the TELETASK library is NOT possible!
- When you need to make changes to a device from the TELETASK library, you can create a copy of a device from the TELETASK library give it a new name and then edit this device.
- you can copy a device and just modify the desired features
- you can delete a device you have made.
On the bottom you can also see the features and some comments of the chosen device for your information.
After choosing the correct device or after creating a new device you arrive in the screen: 'Define AV device'.
In this screen you can first add or adjust your personal comments for the chosen device in the box:
- This information will be stored and you will see it each time you chose to add this device.
Then you have to choose which type of device you want to configure:
- If the device is an amplifier (or more than one);
- If the device is a source (or more than one);
- (for non-audio devices);
When you choose to add or edit an amplifier you have to check the following options:
- Number of amplifiers
- Amplifier controls sources
- Device has internal sources (e.g. a tuner)
When you choose to add or edit a source you have to enter the number of sources (e.g 1 for a normal tuner, 3 for an MP3 player with three audio outputs).
Depending on the kind of device (RS232 or IR), you have to define some additional settings. See the specific sections for those devices.
In the main part of the window you will have a tab-page for every amplifier, source or other device (e.g. if you have created an AV-device with 4 amplifiers and 3 internal sources, you will have 7 tab pages). On the different tab-pages you can enter or record the codes for that specific amplifier, source or other device.
The codes you can enter in AV-SOFT can be divided into three categories:
- Send codes (required)
- Feedback codes (optional)
- Polling codes (optional)
‘Send codes’ are codes that are transmitted from TELETASK to the AV-device. ‘Send codes’ are available on IR, RS232 and IP. Per device type a different set of codes is available:
|Amplifier functions||Source functions||Other functions|
|SELECT SOURCE 1-8||NEXT|
|VOLUME UP and DOWN||PREVIOUS|
|VOLUME SET 0-100%*||PRESET 0-9|
- only available for IP devices
‘Feedback codes’ are codes that are transmitted from the AV-device to TELETASK. These codes are only available on RS232/IP devices. This code can contain information from the amplifier or source:
|Amplifier info||Source info|
|Zone number *||Source number*|
|Power status||Track or RDS info, Line 1|
|Volume level||Track or RDS info, Line 2|
- This is required for each code.
‘Polling codes’ are codes that are transmitted from TELETASK to the AV-device. These codes can be used to request a status from a source or amplifier. They are only useful if the feedback codes are defined. Some devices do not require polling codes, they send their status automatically. ‘Polling codes’ are only available for RS232/IP devices.